History of St Luke's Chapel

St Luke’s Chapel was completed in 1865 to the design of Arthur Blomfield, more notable locally as the architect for St Barnabas Church, which was built for the same patron, Thomas Combe.

St Luke’s was built to replace the original infirmary chapel which was located on the second floor of the hospital’s main building. Completed in a simple, gothic style, the Chapel has kept many of its charms including the beautiful original stained glass windows. The site was deconsecrated around 2005 and is now one of several refurbished buildings on the Radcliffe Observatory Quarter site (ROQ).